Ingredients (serves 2)
– 1 whole Sea Bass, around 550-600g
– ½ small Fennel Bulb
– 2tsp Thyme leaves
– 2tsp Oregano leaves
– 75g small Black Olives, stoned
– Flaked Sea Salt and Milled Black Pepper
– Olive Oil
1. Rinse the fish and pat dry then remove the fins using kitchen scissors.
2. Trim the fennel bulb, cutting out most of the core but retaining the leafy fronds.
3. Shave the fennel into very thin slices using a mandolin and then transfer to a bowl with the thyme, oregano, olives and fennel fronds – season with salt and pepper.
4. Stuff the fish generously with the fennel mixture and secure the cavity with a cocktail stick.
5. Preheat the BBQ or grill and oil the bars.
6. Brush the fish with olive oil and place on the hottest part of the grill.
7. Cook without attempting to move for 4 minutes, then lift and turn through 90 degrees so you get nice grill marks and cook for another 4 minutes.
8. Turn gently and repeat the procedure on the second side, checking that the flesh is opaque.
9. Transfer carefully to a platter and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
10. Fillet the fish and serve each fillet with some of the stuffing on the side.
11. Accompany with Salsa Verde